Today’s a big day for the House of Windsor and an even bigger one for the media. Will you be watching the Royal Wedding or did you decide to skip it? If you thought Transatlantic voyage on Queen Mary 2 was the ticket to get away from it all, you will be disappointed.
Well, Cunard won’t let their passengers down and has been busy preparing for the grand celebrations: Champagne, wedding cake, special decorations, and a commemorative Royal Wedding dinner will ensure their passengers are getting their slice of the wedding celebrations.
Queen Mary 2 will be plowing through the Atlantic Ocean while William and Kate exchange their wedding vows; but passengers can follow the event live on satellite TV and toast to the newly weds with a special cocktail created for this event.
If you feel like raising a glass or two, here’s the receipe:
Royal Princess Cocktail
4 strawberries, plus one for decoration
5ml (1 tsp) raspberry eau de vie Framboise Sauvage (a clear, raspberry brandy, substitution: raspberry kirsch)
10ml (2 tsp) Crème de Mure (blackberry liqueur, substitution: crème de cassis )
20ml (4 tsp) Armagnac (similar to cognac)
Champagne to top (
1. Prepare a champagne glass by adding a sugar rim.
2. Slice strawberries into cubes, remove the tops and muddle with the raspberries, Framboise Sauvage and Crème de Mure.
3. Shake over ice and double strain into the prepared glass.
4. Top with champagne and decorate with the remaining strawberry.
5. Add the Armagnac last to preserve the sugar rim.